Electrical Safety Handbook, 5th Edition
Author: Dennis Neitzel
Format: HARD (Hardcover)
Publication Date: 2019
Thoroughly revised and expanded to conform to every current major electrical code, this practical, illustrated guide is an invaluable source of life-saving safety. Written by a team of recognized experts, Electrical Safety Handbook, Fifth Edition presents up-to-date safety strategies in an easy-to-use format. Designed for specific work environments, the book delivers complete coverage of the latest NEC, NFPA, NESC, IEEE and OSHA standards. The new edition provides updated sections on electrical grounding, heat transfer theory as it relates to the human body, and the medical aspects of electrical trauma.
- Hazards of electricity
- Basic physics of electrical hazards
- Electrical safety equipment
- Safety procedures and methods
- Grounding and bonding of electrical systems and equipment
- Electrical maintenance and its relationship to safety
- Regulatory and legal safety requirements and standards
- Accident prevention, accident investigation, rescue, and first aid
- Low-voltage safety
- Medium- and high-voltage safety
- Human factors in electrical safety
- Safety management and organizational structure
- Safety training methods and systems
- Medical aspects of electrical trauma
Hardcover | 662 Pages | 3 lbs.
Dennis K. Neitzel, C.P.E., is a certified plant engineer with more than 30 years of experience in the electrical field. He has served as a principal committee member for NFPA 70E standards since 1992 and is currently working on the revision of OSHA regulations.