Author: ELEVATOR WORLD
Format: CEU (CONTINUING EDUCATION)
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on Chapter 5 and Chapter 12 of the Educational Focus book and counts as three contact hours (0.3 CEU) towards recertification. The course is self-study course with a timed online test. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Learning Objectives - After reading these articles (pgs. 47-66 and 129-130) you should have learned:
- Proper installation methods for AC, DC and hydraulic elevator drives
- The correct wire to use for control and signal circuit leads
- Common issues encountered with the Magnetek HPV 900 AC drive
- How to solve various start-up problems with DC drives
- Proper installation of hydraulic soft-start drives
- The composition of carbon brushes
- How to select a size of a drive motor
- The application of serial communication to elevator drives
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.
Elevator World, Inc. is the largest publisher in the world devoted to the elevator industry: publishing a monthly journal; compiling the Elevator World SOURCE, the most inclusive directory in the industry; publishing numerous books used for industry education; maintaining ELENET, a biweekly email newsletter; and developing the Elevator World online network, a group of specialized websites with more than 70,000 users a month. Elevator World is the publisher and distributor of the print-based materials for the four-year Certified Elevator Technician (CET) Education Program. The company is 62 years old and has played a key role in the transfer of knowledge in the vertical-transportation industry.