Elevator & Escalator Maintenance Series
Author: ZACK MCCAIN
Format: CEU (CONTINUING EDUCATION)
Each course is a self-study course with a timed online test. The book is not included and should be purchased separately. This package includes all four of the maintenance course exams that are based from Chapters 2-5 of the Elevator Maintenance Manual, 3rd Edition by Zack McCain (not included). The series offers a 15% savings over purchasing tests individually. All four courses together constitute 11.5contact hours (1.15 CEUs) towards recertification. Approved by NAEC for CET, and by the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin. Learning Objectives - By studying the required materials to take the exam the reader will have had the opportunity to learn about:
- The safe and proper methods for performing service, cleaning and light repair on traction elevators,hydraulic elevators, escalators andmoving walks.
- Mastering techniques which are important in all phases of maintenance.
- Bolting Practices
- Elevator Rope Maintenance
- Wiring Diagrams
- Belts and Chains
- Maintenance Safety
- Machine Room Service
- Service in the Hoistway and Car Top
- Pit and Bottom Car Maintenance
- Inside Carservice
- Machine room service
- Service in the Hoistway and car Top
- Pit and Bottom of Car Maintenance
- In Car and Outside Hoistway Service
- General Escalator Service Safety
- Exterior Maintenance
- Interior Maintenance
- Click here to purchase the Elevator Maintenance Manual if you do not have access to a copy.
- Study the related chapter of the Elevator Maintenance Manual.
- Include your full name when purchasing the online course.
- Within 2 to 3 business days you will receive anemail with study questions andinstructions for the exam.
- Use the provided online link, ID, and Password to login to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you score below 80% you will have one free retake.
Zack R McCain, Jr. is a Registered Professional Engineer in Oklahoma. He is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers as well as a member of the ASME/ANSI QEI-1 "Standards for the Qualification of Elevator Inspectors" since it's beginning in 1982. He is the 1995 recipient of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers Safety Codes and Standards Medal and was named a fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers in October of the same year. McCain is also a Certified Elevator Safety Inspector in accordance with ASME QEI-1 by NAESA. McCain has served as course director and instructor on numerous courses for ASME, has had several articles published in ELEVATOR WORLD magazine and has written several books. McCain received a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Lamar State College of Technology (Lamar University) in Beaumont, Texas.