June 2022 Inspection of Elevator Ropes, Part Two
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on the article, Inspection of Elevator Ropes, Part Two, published in the June 2022 issue and counts as one contact hour (0.1 CEU) of elevator industry continuing education credit. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
After reading this article, you should have learned:
- Which important factors to consider when ropes need to be replaced
- That there are better, high-performance ropes for today's demanding elevator systems
- Equalization has always been important, but there is more to know
- Many variables and interactions will impact suspension means' performance
- Tools are available that will help
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.