February 2020 New Electrical Test Instruments for Elevator Work
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on the article, New Electrical Test Instruments for Elevator Work, published in the February 2020 issue and counts as one contact hour (0.1 CEU) of elevator industry continuing education credit. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia.
This test is not approved in Wisconsin.
After reading this article, you should have learned about:
- Unique features in a bench-type mulimeter
- Instrument features needed to perform work on elevators
- Voltage limits in multimeters
- Non contact voltmeters
- New, safer electrical hand tools
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.