Feb. 2007: Installation & Adjustment of the Hollister-Whitney Rope Gripper
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on the article, Installation and Adjustment of the Hollister-Whitney Rope Gripper, published in the February 2007 issue and counts as 1 Contact Hour (0.1 CEU) towards recertification. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Learning Objectives - After reading this article, you should have learned about:
- the history of and code requirements for elevator emergency brakes
- the principle behind the Rope Gripper emergency brake
- the components and basic operation of the Rope Gripper
- proper mounting of the brake unit and pump unit
- Rope Gripper control circuits
- testing and inspection procedures for the Rope Gripper
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.