April 2012 NEC Article 620: Elevators, Part 1
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on the article, NEC Article 620: Elevators, Part 1, published in the April 2012 issue and counts as one contact hour (0.1 CEU) of elevator industry continuing education credit. Most courses approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Learning Objectives - After reading this article, you should have learned about:
- The meanings of definitions for control room and control space versus machine room
- The purpose and specifications for working spaces
- Insulation types and minimum sizes of conductors
- Requirements for feeder and branch-circuit conductors
- Feeder demand factors for elevators
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.