2017 February Full-Cab A18.1/B355 Lifts – An Alternative to LU/LA Elevators
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on the article, Full-Cab A18.1/B355 Lifts - An Alternative to LU/LA Elevators, published in the February 2017 issue and counts as one contact hour (0.1 CEU) of elevator industry continuing education credit. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Learning Objectives - After reading this article, you should have learned about:
- The main difference between a lift and an elevator in North American terms
- The difference between a LU/LA elevator and a lift
- The benefits and limitations of a lift versus a LU/LA elevator
- The main codes that apply to lifts and elevators
- The stretcher access limitations for both LU/LA elevators and lifts
- The differences between the Canadian and U.S. codes
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.