EDFCS8-Elevator Safeties and Governors
Author: ELEVATOR WORLD
Format: CEU (CONTINUING EDUCATION)
SPECIAL NOTICE: Please check each course for verification of approval before purchasing.
This test is based on Chapter 8 of the Educational Focus book and counts as one contact hour (0.1 CEU) towards recertification. The course is self-study course with a timed online test. Most courses are approved by NAEC for CET/CAT and NAESAI for QEI and in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Learning Objectives - After reading these articles (pgs. 90 - 98) you should have learned about:
- How the European Code addresses safeties and governors
- The various types of safety gears used in the U.S.
- The types of governors and how they are connected to the elevator car and system
- How to properly maintain and/or repair safeties and governors
- Lift testing systems used in Europe and the their benefits
- If you do not already have an account on elevatorbooks.com, you will need to create one. NOTE: the name of the person purchasing must be the same name as the person who will take the exam.
- For articles, click the "Read Article" tab above to download and study the article. For other courses, be sure to purchase the corresponding book.
- Include your full name when purchasing the exam.
- Follow the instructions on the purchase confirmation page to log in to the Online Testing Center.
- If you scored 80% or above, you can immediately print your certificate of completion. If you fail the exam, you will be given instructions on how to pay a re-take fee and take the exam again.
Elevator World, Inc. is the largest publisher in the world devoted to the elevator industry: publishing a monthly journal; compiling the Elevator World SOURCE, the most inclusive directory in the industry; publishing numerous books used for industry education; maintaining ELENET, a biweekly email newsletter; and developing the Elevator World online network, a group of specialized websites with more than 70,000 users a month. Elevator World is the publisher and distributor of the print-based materials for the four-year Certified Elevator Technician (CET) Education Program. The company is 62 years old and has played a key role in the transfer of knowledge in the vertical-transportation industry.