- Please choose product options by visiting Installation Manual - 2014 Edition.
Rigging Handbook, 5th Edition
Author: JERRY KLINKE
Format: SOFT (Softcover)
The 5th Edition of the Rigging Handbook is a clear, well-illustrated reference book for millwrights, rigging professionals, crane operators and anyone who is involved with performing or teaching rigging and hoisting operations. Users will appreciate the simple layout, organization and detailed illustrations provided in this edition of the Rigging Handbook, with its concise, simple answers to rigging questions that may otherwise appear complex in nature. This edition has emphasis on regulation and code changes effecting equipment use.
- Load Share Concepts
- Load Control Techniques
- Load Leveling Practices
- Center of Gravity Concepts
- Cribbing use and Wood Blocking
- Proper Tag Line Use
- Chain falls and Lever Hoists use
- Inverting loads with cranes
- Sling tensions calculations
- Determining the Center of Gravity
- Determining the Load Share
- 2-crane lifts and share of the load on each crane
- Drifting loads (horizontal movements) with multiple hoists
- Lever Bars (Johnson bars)
- Moving loads on inclined planes. . . . and lots more!
Softcover | 255 Pages | 1 lb.
Jerry Klinke has written and illustrated many publications on industrial crane and rigging operations. Having been involved with rigging and crane operations since 1976, his background and field experience are the foundation for his published works. His career in the Nuclear Power Industry as both a Field Supervisor and later as a Training Instructor has gained him respect with craftsmen of all disciplines. Jerry has been developing and teaching rigging-related courses for more than 30 years and is a founding member of the Association of Crane and Rigging Professionals (ACRP), is on the Board of Directors, and have been involved with the operation of the organization since its creation in 1995. He has also served on several Rigging Task Force committees for the Crane Institute of America and the National Commission for the Certification of Crane Operators (NCCCO), assisting them in their efforts to provide uniform qualification certifications and examinations to meet today's workplace requirements. He is a frequent speaker on rigging training and the standardized testing and qualification of crane operators, riggers adn signalmen.